Promoting Achievement, Respect, and Success
The mission of Leeds City Schools is to develop confident, productive young people and enable them to become lifelong learners. We will accomplish this through a dedicated professional staff committed to continued learning. A relevant curriculum will be taught based on thinking and reasoning skills. This will take place in a positive environment recognizing the individual differences in children.
We believe that:
- Educating students is our highest priority.
- Respect for each individual is fundamental to teaching and learning.
- High standards and expectations shall be maintained through a system of accountability for all students, staff, and schools.
- All students can learn in different ways, at different rates, with preferential learning styles.
- Education/learning is a shared responsibility and should take place in the home, at school, and in the community.
- A safe and secure environment is essential for a productive and enriched life.
- All students shall have the opportunity to participate in courses and activities which enrich and enhance the whole child.
- Quality education requires quality staff, programs, facilities, equipment, and technology.
Continuous Improvement Plans (CIP)
(location- Leeds Middle School, library at 6:00PM unless otherwise noted)
November 18, 2013
December 16, 2013
FLU VACCINE CLINICS
Leeds City Schools and Alabama Immunization Partners are proud to offer school-based flu vaccine clinics this year. Here are some highlights of the program:
· Both Flu Shots and Nasal Spray Flu Vaccine will be offered.
· This service is provided to students regardless of insurance status.
· Flu vaccines will be administered beginning in October.
Please visit Alabama Immunization Partners’ website at http://schoolfluvaccines.wix.com/home for details about the program.
Are you interested in employment with the
Leeds City Schools?
Apply online at Teach in Alabama by following the link below.
Contact Amy Terry at 205-699-5437 extension 1 with questions.
Are you interested in substitute teaching for Leeds City Schools?
Apply online at Teach in Alabama using the link below.
Letters of interest may be sent to
Dr. Kathy King
PO Box 1083
Leeds, AL 35094
Contact Kathy King at 205-699-5437 extension 2 with questions.
Promoting Achievement, Respect and Success
The mission of Leeds City Schools is to develop confident, productive young people and enable them to become independent lifelong learners. We will accomplish this through a dedicated professional staff committed to continued learning. A relevant curriculum will be taught based on thinking and reasoning skills. This will take place in a positive environment recognizing the individual differences in children.
ARE YOU BEING BULLIED?
Call or Text the Leeds City Schools Bullying Prevention Hotline
All information is confidential
Student Incident Reports
The Leeds City School System does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, national origin, creed, age, marital status, or disability in its educational programs, activities, or employment policies, and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups as required by Title VI ABD, Title VII of the 1964 Civil Rights Act, Title IX of the 1972 Educational Amendments, Section 504 of the Federal Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the American with Disabilities Act (ADA). Leeds City Schools utilize curriculum materials that reflect the cultural and racial diversity present in the United States and the variety of careers and roles open to women as well as men in our society. An objective of the total curriculum and teaching strategies is to reduce stereotyping and to eliminate bias on the issue of sex, race, religion, and disability, to include Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. The curriculum should foster respect and appreciation for the cultural diversity found in our country and an awareness of rights, duties, and responsibilities of each individual as a member of pluralistic society. Inquiries regarding compliance with Title VI, Title IX, and Section 504 and ADA may be directed to the Superintendent of Education or designee, Leeds City Schools, PO Box 1083, Leeds, AL 35094 (205) 699-5437.