2021-22 Back to School Guidance
Leeds City Schools is providing the following guidance to all stakeholders of the school system:
- All students not enrolled in the Leeds Virtual Academy are expected to return to in person learning on August 11, 2021.
- Vaccinations are encouraged for all persons ages 12 and over. Symptomatic persons will be sent home for 10 days or as otherwise directed by their physician.
- Social distancing of a minimum of 3', where possible, will be beneficial in mitigating the spread of Covid.
Masking will be required until the end of school October 1. We will evaluate our data on or before October 1 in order to make a determination on masking going forward. Along with requiring masks, we started this week by sending home close contacts of known Covid cases to isolate for 10 days. The isolation will not include students that have been vaccinated. Close contacts are defined as:
- Students who are less than 3 feet for more than 15 minutes are masked or unmasked will be considered close contact.
- Students that are 3 feet or greater and are properly masked will not be considered close contact.
- Masks are required to be worn on all school busses, per federal mandate.
- The school nurse will report all suspected or diagnosed cases of Covid to the local Health Department.
- School officials will notify close contacts of Covid positive cases as soon as possible.
- Frequent handwashing and respiratory etiquette should be observed by all persons
- Anyone showing signs of Covid should remain home and see his/her healthcare provider as soon as possible for testing and care.
- There are no restrictions on attendance at extracurricular events presently.
LCS will continuously monitor Jefferson County and school system Covid numbers on a daily basis. These guidelines are subject to change.
Please recognize that Covid remains a threat outside of school hours; therefore vaccinations, face coverings, social distancing, and good hygiene are the best-known tools to defeat the virus.
Published August 31, 2021